Nespresso has put the taste of Capetown int their World Explorations Cape town Envivo Lungo.
Delicious on their own, Nespresso’s range of lungos can also be incorporated into delicious coffee treats that can elevate your at-home coffee dates and me time extra special.
Zola Nene’s koe’suster inspired spiced coconut coffee
Spiced Coconut Coffee
Zola Nene’s koe’suster inspired spiced coconut coffee is not to be confused with the koeksister. The Koe’suster is a Cape Malay doughnut infused with an aromatic mix of ginger, aniseed and nartjie zest.
The destinctive taste takes you straight to the vibrant Bo-Kaap and translates beautifully into every flavourful sip of the coffee recipe.
- 1 Nespresso Cape Town Lungo
- Spiced Syrup to taste
- 1:1 Coconut Milk & Milk (frothed)
- Zest of a fresh naartjie
For the syrup
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 tsp aniseed
- 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
To prep the serving cup:
- Rub the rim of the cup with a cut slice of naartjie, then dip into the desiccated coconut to coat the rim.
- Make Nespresso coffee in the prepared cup, then sweeten with spiced syrup to taste.
- Top with frothed milk combo then zests over some fresh naartjie to finish.
For the spiced syrup:
- Place sugar, water cardamom, aniseed and ginger into a pot, then place on medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer for 5-minutes then set aside to cool.
- Once cool, strain to remove the spices, then store in a jar in the fridge.
Jammy Cape Town Recipe
- 1 capsule of World Explorations Cape Town Envivo Lungo (110ml)
- 20g apricot jam
- 45g whipped cream
- Ginger powder
- Put 20g of apricot jam in a View Lungo Cup
- Extract 110ml of World Explorations Cape Town Envivo Lungo over it
- Add a pinch of ginger powder to the whipped cream and pour it over the coffee
Not having a coffee machine is no reason to stick to the same old milk and two sugars.
Nescafe dark mint
- 5g NESCAFÉ Gold
- 30ml Hot water
- 150ml Fresh milk
- 20ml Chocolate syrup
- 7-8 Ice cubes (large)
- 2 teaspoons Cocoa powder
- 2-3 Mint leaves
- Dark chocolate
- Extra mint leaves
- Create the base by mixing NESCAFÉ with hot water.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and mix at high speed until the mixture has a smooth, thick and velvety texture.
- Pour the mixture into a glass.
- Carefully melt the dark chocolate in a bowl using a microwave!
- Dip the mint leaves in the chocolate and let them cool down!
- Garnish the drink!
Iced Latte Macchiato
- 2 Teaspoons Nescafe Red Mug
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 10 Ice cubes
- 2,5 tablespoons of hot water
- Mix coffee, sugar and hot water in a small container
- Put ice and half a cup of milk in your serving glass
- Shake or whisk your remaining milk to create foam
- Pour the foam over the milk and ice in your serving glass
- Slowly add your coffee mixture aiming at the centre of your drink to create three separate layers
- 2 Nescafe Red Mug
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 Ice cubes
- 1/4 hot water
- Mix coffee, sugar and hot water
- Pour over 2 ice cubes in a shaker or mix coffee and ice cubes until creamy and foamy
- Put remaining ice cubes in a serving glass and pour the foamy coffee mixture over
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: