What is Bulletproof Coffee?
Butter in your coffee? Sure! Putting butter in your coffee instead of the usual milk or creamer might seem off but Bulletproof Coffee drinkers say that it makes it creamier and more delicious. Aside from being low in carbs and has no sugar, keto dieters enjoy Bulletproof Coffee as it also helps keep them alert even while keeping their carb intake to a minimum. The popularity of Bulletproof Coffee as a delicious drink and its health benefits has led to more people making it a staple in their own diet, including celebrities.
So how is Bulletproof Coffee healthy? Read on to find out.
Bulletproof Coffee Benefits
Originally created by technology entrepreneur and biohacker Dave Asprey, the recipe for Bulletproof Coffee consists of low-mold coffee beans, two tablespoons of unsalted butter and one to two tablespoons of MCT oil.
Those who take Bulletproof Coffee are impressed by its many health benefits, which include more energy, reduced appetite and of course, promotes ketosis — the metabolic state when the body burns fat for its primary source of energy, leading to faster weight loss.
Other benefits of drinking Bulletproof coffee include:
- More energy
- Weight loss
- Nutrients and vitamins like vitamin A and K
- Helps you stay full longer
- Caffeine, which boosts metabolism
- Focus and mental clarity
- Gut health improvement
While you can already enjoy these health benefits through the basic Bulletproof Coffee recipe, feel free to try other versions which offer the same benefits in a variety of flavors. Here are the best celebrity Bulletproof Coffee recipes that you can try.
1. Shailene Woodley
The “Divergent” and “The Fault in Our Stars” actress is one of the celebrities who swear by the Bulletproof diet. In a previous interview, Shailene said that she drinks a cup of Bulletproof Coffee every morning to start her day. But while she typically prepares it the original way, she shares that she likes using Asprey’s Brain Octane Oil for a bigger boost.
To make this recipe, you can either use a blender or a large mug to stir all the ingredients until they are mixed well and creamy. Use 1 tsp. to 2 tbsp. of Brain Octane Oil.
2. Ronda Rousey
As a world-class UFC Fighter who has won championships, it’s important that Ronda Rousey is in her best shape both physically and mentally at all times. To do this, Rousey follows the Dolce diet, a low-carb and fat-burning diet that has her starting each day with a blend of almond butter, seeds, oats and nectar.
She also likes to prepare a cup of basic Bulletproof Coffee. To add flavor, she throws in some cinnamon, stevia and a bit of raw coconut oil.
3. Halle Berry
One of Hollywood’s most popular leading ladies, Halle Berry is also known to try out so-called “health fads,” like Bulletproof coffee. In her interviews, Berry says she likes her Bulletproof Coffee blended with butter, MCT oil, a bit of cream and some collagen. She’s also on a keto and intermittent fasting diet.
4. Busy Philipps
Starting her acting career at a very young age, Busy Philipps has gained fame bouncing from one role to another — from famous TV shows such as Malcolm in the Middle and Freaks and Geeks to movies.
When not working, Philipps revealed that she likes to kick back with a cup of Bulletproof Coffee. In Philipps’ version, she uses ultra-pure coffee, vanilla bean, concentrated MCT oil, unsalted grass-fed butter and collagen powder.
5. Ed Sheeran
One of the music industry’s most popular musicians, Ed Sheeran has conquered the world with his music. In fact, he has already managed to bag four Grammy wins out of 13 nominations.
When he’s not on stage with his guitar, the singer-songwriter has revealed that he’s taken a liking to Bulletproof Coffee, which he says has surprised him as it keeps him energized all day long. Sheeran is a bit of a purist when it comes to his Bulletproof Coffee as he likes the original recipe, which you can check out here.
6. Ayesha Curry
While Ayesha’s husband Stephen Curry has made a name for himself as a top NBA player, Ayesha has also made waves as a multifaceted entrepreneur and philanthropist. She has built a meal-kit empire, restaurant and published her own cookbook.
For her Bulletproof Coffee recipe, Ayesha likes to use only a splash of MCT oil with all-natural ghee, or clarified low lactose butter. It’s not a big jump from the classic recipe, but she said that it helps her jumpstart her day and keep her energy flowing.
7. Brandon Routh
The former Superman actor has also revealed that Bulletproof Coffee plays a part in keeping his superhero-like physique six years after he played the role.
In a previous interview, Routh has said that he likes to drink his Bulletproof Coffee with grass-fed butter and coconut oil, as the good fat found in the oil is very good for our overall health.
8. Jacqueline Fernandez
Considered as one of Bollywood’s most influential and beautiful actresses, Fernandez is also a social media star and has her own YouTube channel, where she uploads vlogs and other interesting content.
In a previous episode titled “My Secret Coffee Recipe! #3MinuteHacksWithJacques,” the actress revealed that she has her own version of Bulletproof Coffee, which she calls “Lungo.” In her version, Fernandez uses grass-fed ghee and either Brain Octane or MCT oil, especially if you follow an intermittent fasting schedule like Fernandez.
With products based on the latest research mixed with ancient Chinese Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine, there’s plenty to be excited about not just with regular Bulletproof Coffee but as well as with these other healthy alternatives.
Here are some of Bulletproof’s other healthy offerings:
- Bulletproof Cold Brew Latte Variety Pack – Looking for something you can drink on the go? Why not try this cold brew? It makes use of collagen protein, MCT oil and has no added sugar, ensuring that this drink will not only give you a boost of energy but also promote healthy skin, bones and joints. It also comes in three different flavors.
- Bulletproof Collagen Protein Bar – Gluten-free, dairy-free and non-GMO, this conveniently packaged protein bar is perfect for all situations, whether you’re running late or looking for a post-work snack. Through its improved recipe, its on-the-go nutrition supports your healthy lifestyle.
- Bulletproof Instamix Keto Creamer – Looking for a way to instantly make your coffee Bulletproof? Get yourself a bag of this Instamix Keto Creamer. It contains all the ingredients of Bulletproof Coffee in one package. This pre-portioned creamer is a hassle-free way to give yourself a boost of energy.
- Bulletproof Espresso Pods – If you have a single-serve coffeemaker at home, then these espresso pods would work perfectly. Compostable and made from plant-sourced bioplastics, these coffee pods offer Bulletproof’s original medium roast flavor, which has distinct notes of cinnamon, plum and orange.
- Vitamins A+D+K Gummies – Make your daily vitamin D intake more fun with these Bulletproof gummies. Giving you essential vitamins for better immune and health support, these gummies are a great nutrition supplement.
If you want to check out more of Bulletproof Coffee’s product offerings, you may visit their shop by clicking here.